Friday, June 28, 2013

I was the spotlight author today on "Love in a book!!"

There is a great interview.
Here is a sample:
Writing, editing, cover design, formatting, etc. Share your ups and downs and how you went about it. If you used a service, can you share?
The story for Hath No Fury came to me more or less all at once.  I spent a month getting the basics out of my head onto paper.  I spent the next year actually writing it and another year editing it.
I have two pieces of advice for someone who is trying to write and can never get started.
1. Get out of your home.  Write in a coffee shop, a park, anywhere that you won’t be distracted to do anything but write (and maybe drink coffee)
2. Write an outline!  It doesn’t have to be pretty, but know basically where you are going on paper before you start up your word processor.  SO many projects get lost by hoping for inspiration from a flashing cursor.
How likely are people you meet to end up in your next book?
If I know you well, very likely.  I find it’s easier if you base your characters on a person (or sometimes two people).  It really helps with dialogue.
What is your favorite part of writing?
Getting in “the zone.”  The semi-hypnotic state when the story just can’t seem to get out fast enough.  It’s clearly a high akin to what some pro-athletes say they feel when they push themselves beyond normal expectations.

For the rest go here: http://loveinabook.com/?p=1620

No comments:

Post a Comment